Shows and Clinics
Oct. 20th-24th. RO-NO Ranch hosting a CHA Standard English & Western Clinic
Sept. 26th-Oct. 4th. PFHA National Show, KY Horse Park
August 16- RO-NO Extreme Cowboy Race- arena opens at 10, first rider out at 1:00
August 17- Open House at RO-NO Ranch- American Horse Councilâ€™s â€˜Time to Rideâ€™ Program 10:00-3:00
August 23rd, Mounted Shooting Competition, Bethpage Long Island, Island Long Riders.
August 9th, Pocono Rodeo, Mounted Shooting Demo.
Aug. 2-3rd. Paso Fino Show, Ohio.
July 12, Wild West Show with Cowboy Larry, Ocean County Fairgrounds, Berkley NJ.
June 21st, Mounted Shooting Competition at Bethpage Long Island, with the Island Long Riders.
June 14th, Pocono Rodeo, Mounted Shooting Demo.
May 16th-17th. NY Breeders Show,Syracuse NY
May 30th-31st. Mason Dixon Spectacular , Dream Park NJ.
March 29th & 30th. Gaited Horse Clinic at RO-NO. Start time 10:00 a.m.
April 15th thru 21st. AZ Equine Dentistry Trip.
April 26th. Honored to be one of a group of riders presenting/displaying the Paso Fino Breed at the Rolex. KY Horse Park.
PA Farm Show- Jan 10th & 11th- Mounted Shooting demos with the Island Long Riders.
PA Horse World Expo- RO-NO Ranch, Booth S15- Mounted Shooting Demos each day & Mounted Shooting Clinic. Feb. 27, 28, March 1st and 2nd.
Ralph Rodriguez Saddle Maker
RO-NO Offspring Update
Let a Thoroughbred Race Away With Your Heart
Shooting Part 2.
Hitting the road for Kentucky on/around September 26th for the Paso Fino Nationals at the KY Horse Park
RO-NO Ranch is hosting a Certified Horsemanship Association Clinic on October 20th-24th. This All Discipline Standard Instructor English & Western Certicifation Clinic is a five-day, 40 hour clinic that offers certification for English and Western instructors at all four horsemanship levels from beginning to advanced horsemanship, plus assistant instructor. Participants may receive certification in both English and Western ( jumping or flat work ), at all four levels, in the same clinic. The Standard clinic also addresses short trail rides. Participants take a written test, have a riding evaluation, attend required workshops and teach at least four practice lessons. Contact Nola for more info.
RO-NO Ranch will be hosting two events the weekend of August 16th & 17th. The annual RO-NO Extreme Cowboy Race on August 16th and an Open House in conjunction with the American Horse Councilâ€™s Time to Ride Program on the 17th. Extreme Cowboy Race will open the arena at 10 a.m., with first rider heading out at 1. ( bring a dish to share for our Pot Luck meal- lunch starts at noon ) Our Open House on the 17th will run from 10:00-3:00.
Watch for us at the Ocean County Fair NJ this Saturday evening ( July 12th ) We are performing with Cowboy Larry and Brave Beth in their Wild Wild West Show!
Congrats to Robbie Haupert-Keill on his win at the Summer Solstice Shoot at Bethpage Long Island. He won both his division and was the overall winner of the day! Great job Robbie and Cardillo!
Watch for us Saturday evening August 9th at the Pocono Rodeo! Weâ€™ve been working on some new acts, and youâ€™ll be sure to enjoy the show!
May 30th & 31st- Mason Dixon Spectacular Show. We had five horses at this event and had a wonderful time. Congrats to all, your hard work paid off and we all had a great time!
May 16th & 17th. NY State Breeders Show. It was great getting to see all of our NEPFHA friends at this show.
March 29th & 30th- Gaited Horse Clinic at RO-NO Ranch! Our focus will be on Youth Riders on the 29th, Open to all riders on the 30th. Topics to be covered will include Trailer Loading , Rider Position, Standing for Mounting, â€˜Maintaining Gait on my Gaited Horseâ€™, & Trick Training. One on One sessions for individual/specific problems Friday and Saturday evenings. This is a good clinic to attend if you have switched from trotting to gaited horses. Coggins required. Coffee/Drinks & Donuts provided, please pack a lunch and a chair for yourself. Horses available for use at Clinic. Horse/Rider $50.00 per day. Auditors $15.00 $15.00 fee for overnight stall. Please RSVP if you plan to bring a horse.Thank you to all who attended and participated. We had a great time, and I look forward to our next clinic.
April 26th- Calif de Color and I will be at the Rolex, along with a group of riders to showcase the Paso Fino Breed! Very honored to be asked to help with this event, at the KY Horse Park! Such a fantastic opportunity this was! Thank you, PFHA, for asking me to help represent our wonderful breed.
If you head for the PA Farm Show or the PA Horse World Expo, look for us there. Nola & Cardillo will be doing Mounted Shooting Demoâ€™s with the Island Long Riders on Jan 10th & 11th during the PA Farm Show, and will be part of each days Equitainment at the PA Horse World Expo from Feb. 27th thru March 2nd. We will also have our own booth at the Expo, just inside the main entrance, to the left, Booth S15. Go to www.horseworldexpo.com for more information!A very big THANK YOU to all who helped with the events at the PA Horse World Expo. It was a fantastic time. Special thanks to the Island Long Riders, Mounted Shooting group!!!
Watch for upcoming info on our RO-NO Ranch Fall Festival Extreme Cowboy Race!! The date is October 26th, bring a covered dish to share and plan on having some fun! Open arena time from 12:00 until 2:00, then the races begin! Food will be set out throughout the day. Please RSVP so we know how many people to expect.
We had a great time at the Paso Fino Nationals in Lexington KY. The Horse Park is a wonderful venue, and we had perfect weather. Cardillo was a big hit, he really â€˜turned it onâ€™ for the show, participating in Driving Class ( Reserve Champion ) Pole Bending ( Reserve Champion ) and took thirds overall in Barrel Racing and Mounted Shooting!
Kudos to all who participated this summer in the Malibu and Pocono Rodeos!! It was a great season. Many thanks to the folks at Pocono Rodeo and Memorytown, we had a wonderful time helping to entertain your crowds by putting on our Mounted Shooting Demos!
Congrats to some of our new horse owners! Melissa and Gavin, Meredith and Mark, Eddie and Porche, Amy and Jewel! Many Happy Trails too you all!
Great job to all at the Mason Dixon Spectacular held at the beautiful Dream Park in NJ. We really enjoyed this new venue. The facility was great, easy to get to and very well laid out. Our horses enjoyed it as did we. Cardillo Sin Par was the man!! Mason Dixon PFHA had asked us too do a Mounted Shooting Demo at the show, and Cardillo rocked it! You can see a brief video of him and Nola on our RO-NO Ranch facebook page.
Congrats and Job Well Done to all on Team RO-NO for the great show at the Diamond 7, Dillsburg PA. We had riders in a huge variety of classes, Fino, Performance, Pleasure, Versatility, Country Pleasure, Opportunity, Youth and more. Great job everyone!
Check out our Sales Page to see new sale horses!
May 10 will be our Benefit Cowboy Race here at RO-NO Ranch. The fun starts at noon, bring a covered dish to share, and bring your horses. Saddle up for open arena time, try out all the obstacles, indoors and out. At 3:00 we will start will the first riders, and we will keep at it all afternoon/evening. Contact Kenny at 570-604-3657 for more info.
RO-NO Ranch is hosting two Gaited Horse Clinics this spring. April 13th-14th and May 11th. Start time is 10:00 a.m. We will take 5-8 horse/rider teams per day. Cost per team is $45.00. Auditor fee is $10.00. One on one work throughout the morning, group work in the afternoons. Coffee and donuts provided, please pack a lunch and bring a chair. For more information please call/text Nola at 570-351-7966 or e-mail at email@example.com
Malibu Ranch Cowboy Mounted Shooters will be hosting their first CSA Matches this June at Malibu Dude Ranch! June 1st and June 22nd. More details to follow soon.
Malibu Dude Ranch is once again gearing up for a fantastic Rodeo season! The first of 10 Rodeos kicks off on Saturday evening, June 29th. Rodeos will run through Labor Day. Come join the fun, and hang out at the Malibu saloon afterwards. For more information go to www.malibududeranch.com
Hereâ€™s some of the ribbons and plaques we got at the 2012 PFHA Nationals in Lexington KY this past October. Great job everyone!
Here is our new sign, at the Ranchâ€™s entrance. Thanks to Hyduchak Design, Honesdale PA.
Join us Saturday evenings at the Malibu Dude Ranch ( www.malibududeranch.com ) They host a fantastic Rodeo every Saturday evening from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Check out the Sales Page to see some new additions! Rain, a nine year old QH Mare and Achilles, a two year old Paso X QH. ( Rain and Achilles are sold!) Watch for more coming soon, we recently got in two offspring from our Caballos Top Gun ( Ponderosa Coloso ) and an Amedeus mare! One is a pinto!!
We have 11 PFHA Youths attending the Youth Leadership Camp in Lexington Kentucky. Catherine King has done a fantastic job organizing and running the camp. The agenda for the kids is very full, visiting Equine Hospitals, having guest speakers in to talk about college preparation, fun games and swim time, excellent food, judging demonstrations, riding and much, much more. Great time at Camp everyone. Special thanks to Catherine and her hubby, Scott, Laura and Annette. The kids were great, the agenda was top notch- and I think we are all looking forward to next years Camp!
We had fantastic results at the Mason-Dixon PFHA Show in Lexington Virginia. El Pastor del Juncal was the Fino Stallion of the weekend, Alaina/Jose and Nicole/Cardillo ruled the Versatility classes, Je Ne Sais Quoi Sin Par was the ruling Performance Stallion both shows. Great job everyone!
Cardillo Sin Par gave 110% for me at the Mounted Shooting competition at the Round Tuit Ranch in Connecticut. He really did his job well and made us proud.
Congrats to Je Ne Sais Quoi Sin Par- Performance Champion at the Syracuse NY Paso Fino Show!!
Thanks everyone for helping to make today a great one! Weâ€™re hosting another RO-NO Ranch Extreme Cowboy Race on May 12th. Come join us for a fun day, with proceeds benefiting the Liberty Reins Ranch, a non-profit program helping Veterans. There will be T-Shirts for sale, baked goods for sale, and other food for sale as well. Itâ€™s only $5.00 to enter your horse, so come and have a fun day while helping out a local Veterans Program. We will have two levels so fun can be had by all. Contact Us for more info.
April 28- Gaited Horse Clinic at RO-NO Ranch. Coffee and donuts provided, bring a packed lunch and a chair. $20 for auditors, $50 for horse/rider. Start time at 9:00.( Thank you everyone! Our Spring Series of Gaited Horse Clinics were a huge success. We will do it again in the fall! )
Here is our new trailer!!
Our Gaited Horse Clinic on March 24th was a great day! With 8 horse/rider teams and lots of auditors, everyone enjoyed the day. Our next Clinic is April 28th, come join us for a fun and educational day!
Mounted Shooting â€˜Mini-Clinicâ€™ was a success as well. Held on Sunday March 25th, we had 5 horse and rider teams and the horses settled and worked well. Contact us if you would like to learn more about Mounted Shooting!
The Paso Fino Demos at the PA Horse Expo were a Huge Success! All the hard work and practice paid off, the RO-NO Team presented our Paso Finos in fine form. Nic B and Alaina L were a great team, gaiting and cantering in tandem, even over the jumps. They sure did a fine job showing that Pasos are a versatile breed. Willow had a beautiful Spanish dress costume, Robbie displayed Fino on El Pastor, and Nola showed off what Performance horses can do on Paso Stallion Je Ne Sais Quoi Sin Par.Watch for pictures on our Photo Gallery.
Our February 18th Gaited Horse Clinic was a very productive day! We had 5 horse/rider teams, and many auditors. A great time was had by all, and we are all looking forward to the March 24th Clinic.
Gaited Horse Clinic Series at RO-NO Ranch with Gaited Horse Trainer Nola Haupert-Keill. Dates for the Clinics are Feb. 18, March 24 and April 28. Clinic time starts at 9:00 a.m. Rider/Horse teams will get one-on-one time plus group work at the end of the day. $50.00 for Horse/Handler teams and $20.00 for auditors. Coffee and donuts will be supplied, please bring a packed lunch and a chair. Contact Us for more information and to sign up.
RO-NO Ranch Horse of the Month- Mojito 4 year old Paso Fino Gelding.
- this 4 year old bay gelding is sweet and well gaited. Heâ€™s ready for a job, be it in the show ring or out on the trail. He is healthy, happy and sound and ready to be someoneâ€™s best buddy. To see Mojito, or any of our other sale horses, please stop on by or call for an appointment. $2000
Watch for more information about the Gymkhana and Trail Trial being held at Malibu Dude Ranch in Milford, PA on October 15th & 16th. This event is being hosted by both Malibu Dude Ranch and RO-NO Ranch. Contact us for more info and directions.
Congratulations to all on a great PFHA Grand National Show in Memphis, TN. The RO-NO Crew were on the top of their game, and all their hard work paid off. Pastor is now the 2011 3rd National Champion Fino A/O Stallion!! Great Job Rose on this fantastic accomplishment! Other wins include Nicole and Pastor, 4th National Champion Youth Fino, Je Ne Sais Quoi Sin Par and Robin Ratliff, 6th National Champion Performance Stallions 4 Year Old Schooling, Cardillo was Honorable Mention with me in Trail Class ( quite an accomplishment for him, as he is still learning to show in Trail ) 4th National Champion in Versatility with Nicole riding him, and Cardillo really rocked in the Mounted Shooting, we ended up 3rd National Champion PFHA Mounted Shooting! ( we had Reserve until I missed a balloon in my last run- but Cardillo was awesome!) Thank you so much everyone for all of your help and support, we couldnâ€™t have gotten there without you.
Check out our newest page, Ralph Rodriguez, Saddle and Harness Maker. Mr. Rodriguez takes care of all my leather needs and repairs. I have a wonderful Western Saddle custom made by him. He brought several saddle trees to the Ranch, we tried them on the horse to check for the best fit, found one to my liking that fit the horse well, and from there he proceeded to custom create a fabulous saddle that I use for my Cowboy Mounted Shooting Events. I so like it that I use it nearly everyday on other horses as well. Please keep an eye on this page, as we will soon be adding more information and pictures to it.
Cardillo did it again! We attended a SASS Mounted Shooting Match on Long Island on Aug. 21st. Cardillo started out doing well, and just got better throughout the day. We ended with a 2nd place in our division, but the highlight of the day was the Cowboy Challenge. This involved shooting a pattern of 5 balloons, holstering the gun, then quickly negotiating a series of obstacles, then shooting a rundown of 5 more balloons. There were 10 entries in this, and Cardillo blew them all out of the water! Our end time was about half that of the second place entry! Cardillo really shines in the obstacle events.
Thank you to everyone who Participated, Attended and helped Out at our Extreme Cowboy Race held here at RO-NO Ranch On Aug. 13th. We had a fantastic turnout, 17 riders and over 500 spectators. Thanks so much for your generosity. All in all we raised over $500 for Over The Hill Farm, and had a ton of great items donated as well ( saddles, saddle pads, grooming tools, crops, winter blankets and so on) Thank you!!
Cardillo rocked at the CMSA Match held at Malibu Dude Ranch, July 30th. Both Cardillo and Calif competed ( Calif is such a good boy, hasn't been shot off of in nearly two years and he just took it in stride, ran two stages without a problem. ) and Cardillo really went to work. We ended up winning the Ladies 1 Division in the Stage 2 Match. Our next match will be on August 21.
Congratulations to Everyone who participated at the Cobleskill Show!
What a fantastic time we had! The horses were in fine form, and the environment was relaxed and fun. Good job everyone! It was a treat to get to see/socialize with all of our friends from the North East. Thank you for a great show!
Extreme Cowboy Race held at RO-NO Ranch was enjoyed by all! With over a dozen riders participating, a good time was had by all. Obstacles ranged from jousting, a water hazard, pushing a giant soccer ball through a chute, a rope gate, a teeter-totter and more. The food was fantastic, and we will plan on hosting one again soon!
PFHA Show at Lexington was huge Success! The heat was on at this Spectacular Show in Lexington Virginia, with temps in the muggy high 90's and with horses ready to rock the show ring. To heat things up even more, Saturday evenings Extreme Cowboy Race was a hit with both spectators and contestants! Congrats to RO-NO Riders Nicole, Ali and Jess for placing in the top 4! Great Job to you all- we had a fantastic show.
Feature Sale Horse of the Month- Royal Flush Savannah- 2010 Grey Fino Filly. Sire- Fino Champion El Pastor del Juncal. Dam- Performance mare Katarina de Luminoso (Luminoso) Watch for updates in this fiery filly. She's headed to her first show at the end of April.
Derby Day at the Waverly Country Club was a huge hit! RO-NO Ranch supplied three Paso Fino horses to participate in some demo rides at a local fund raiser. Nicole Bartell riding Cardillo Sin Par, Pam Kavlick on her Paso filly Sneak and Nola Keill riding El Pastor del Juncal all showed off the breeds smooth ride to many of our areas elite. Here is Pam and Sneak, who were a hit with their good looks and crowd pleasing gait.
Dillsburg Show was an great success! RO-NO brought 13 horses and all performed beautifully. We're very proud of all of our riders and their mounts. Congrats and thanks to all who made this such a successful show. We are already looking forward to riding at Lexington next month. The Mason Dixon Extreme Cowboy Race at Dillsburg Saturday evening was such a hit ( we had 17 riders! ) that we have been asked to host it at Lexington- we will see you there!
Cardillo Excels at Mounted Shooting Clinic!
Cardillo and Nola participated in a Mounted Shooting Clinic on Long Island on Sunday April 10th. By clinics end Cardillo was navigating his patterns well while Nola shot the balloon targets. Nola and Cardillo plan on competing in Level 1 at a CMSA match run by the Island Long Riders in Enfield, CT on May 28th.
New Sale Horse- Tapistero Sin Par- See his picture and ad on the Sales Page
*Congratulations to all our new horse owners this summer!
Pam Kavlick on the purchase of her four year old filly RO-NO's Tequila (Sneak). Sneak is a daughter of Macadoo's Gemello and Jess is by Caballo's Top Gun (Coloso).
Congratulations also to Michelle Christiano on the purchase of Seabreeze's Intrepido (Dodge) and to Melissa Anderson who is leasing Valiente, Nola's first ever Paso show horse that started it all!!!!
Congratulations to Jim, Shanna and Alaina Lengner onthe purchase of RO-NO's Gran Marnier (Jose) Finally we wish Michelle Higgins and Diamond well as they embark on their new life together at home with her other horses and the sheep!!! Good luck to all..."
* RO-NO Ranch is thrilled to announce Nola and Calif's role in the Paso Fino demonstration during the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, KY in October 2010. The WEG is one of the premier horse events held.
* PFHA Grand National Show: Calif was the Man!! He placed in all four of his classes- including a big win in the driving class. So he has added 4 new National Titles to his resume. He was 4th place in Versatility, 5th in Western Pleasure and Trail. He performed very well- just was not an active enough mover to suit some of the judges. We were extremely pleased with his performances and had dozens of people seek us out to tell us how much they enjoyed watching him perform. Ann Bastian's Performance Gelding added a new National title to his resume as well- winning 5th in the Gelding for Gold Class. Rose Ashley's Fino Stallion was wonderful. Fino is a challenging discipline and the competition is very strong. Rose rode him wonderfully- and was a strong contender in her classes. He really stood out in the Fino Junior classes- winning a 4th National Title in Fino Junior, and taking the Honorable Mention in the Fino Junior Grand Championship. Way to go Jess! This was the first Nationals Title this horse has won- and we are looking forward to doing it all again next year.
* Caballo's Top Gun and Calif de Color Sin Par have both achieved thier Title of Proficiency.
* All four of RO-NO's stallions are part of the Stallion Service Auction/Breeder's Sweepstakes. Look for them in the Stallion Service Catalog at this year's PFHA Grand National Show.
* Caballo's Top Gun's offspring are now eligible for the Mason-Dixon Futurity Program.
* News from Rachel: Over The Hill Farm Show results, April 19th 2009: Jenna, Amy, Olivia and Nicole showed off their strengths today at the OTHF show. The girls rode flawlessly and gave folks a glowing impression of the quality of the horses, riders and training at RO-NO Ranch.
* RO-NO Ranch had a great time and turnout at the all-breed, all-discipline clinic March 7-8, 2009. If you missed this one, look for future opportunities!
* RO-NO Ranch Paso Finos hosted an Amateur Owner and Youth Clinic on March 21 & 222010 in conjunction with clinics being offered by the Professional Paso Fino Trainers Assocication. Clinicians; Rick Shaffer and Nola Haupert-Keill.
Whether you are a new, intermediate or experienced rider, these clinics will help you enhance your pleasure, trail or show time on your horses. Topics to be covered include proper equitation and balance, show ring etiquette, trail etiquette and safety, flexibility for your horse and many others. Don't miss this opportunity to get the help you need or just to tune up for show and trail season.
Clinics will be offered at only nominal fees to cover expenses. Professional trainers are donating their time for each clinic as a 'thank you' to the amateurs who support us. You may bring your own horse, borrow one of ours or attend as an auditor to watch.
March 21- Youth Day
March 22- Amateur Owner Day
Individual & Group Work Will be Offered on Both Days. Pizza and Open Schooling on Saturday Evening
$40- horse/rider per day $10- for auditors per day
* Nola has started blogging! This is a way for clients and friends to keep up with what is going on at RO-NO Ranch. Visit her blog and become a follower: http://nola-at-ro-noranch.blogspot.com/.
* January 17 - Paso Fino Horse Demo at the PA Farm Show at Harrisburg. Nola and other members of the Mason Dixon PFHA will put on a demonstration of the Paso Fino Breed for the Farm Shows Parade of Breeds. Time TBA
*January - Dental trip to Illinois - Nola is available to transport horses in both directions.
* February - Yearly dental work trip to Florida. We will be welcoming a new Paso Fino Stallion to RO-NO Ranch- being brought home from Greener Pastures! Nola is available to transport horses in both directions.
* February 26- March 1- PA Horse Expo. Nola and other members of the Mason Dixon PFHA will be putting on daily demonstrations of the Paso Fino breed- and may be participating in some of the Horse Expo's clinics. RO-NO Ranch's Stallion Caballo's Top Gun will be one of the demo horses, as will the young gelding that will be being auctioned off in June. Tickets for the auction will be available for sale at the Mason Dixon PFHA Booth. Come see father and son at this event!
*Mason Dixon Youth Fun Night, Clinic, and Awards Banquet: We had nine Mason Dixon Youth Members attend the Youth Fun Night and Clinic. They all had a blast negotiating the Obstacle Course, which included moving a super sized soccer ball, riding (and backing) through an archway with streamers hanging down, crossing over ground poles, and moving a flag from one bucket to another. While the horses were cooling out after the games, we had two pinatas stuffed full of candy (thanks to Dr. Ann Bastian for these) that the kids had a ton of fun smashing to pieces and diving for the goodies.
On Sunday- Nola HK gave a talk and demonstration about equine dentistry. All the youth members took a turn at reaching into a (held open) horses mouth to feel the sharp edges, and then again after the horse was floated to get to feel the difference once the edges were smoothed off. Then Rick Schaeffer talked briefly about winter care for horses. After that the saddles went on and the riding began. The morning riding session was working on Equitation and balance, and then working on controlling the horses shoulders. After lunch, we reviewed with a question and answer session, handing out prizes for correct answers. Then it was back in the saddle, review of the morning work session, and then a group trail ride through the hills of southern PA. We ended up with a happy, content group who are looking forward to another clinic in the spring.
The group from RO-NO Ranch was pleased to come away from our awards banquet with a hearty handful of ribbons and awards. Jessica Brosko was the High Point Junior Rider, riding RO-NO Ranch's Performance Stallion Caballo's Top Gun. She was also 3rd Place A/O Performance as well as placing in the Non Show Awards Division. Placing well in the High Point Awards must run in the family, sister Allison Brosko took the High Point Award for the Sub-Junior Division, and Robbie Keill was Reserve High Point. Youth Rider Rorie Pierson was (4th ) in the Youth Division and (4th) in the Non Show High Point Division as well. Dr. Ann Bastian and her Performance Gelding PJ took a major coup in the Performance Divisions, taking the High Point Awards in both the A/O and Open Performance. RO-NO Stallion Calif de Color Sin Par was the winner of both the High Point Western Pleasure and High Point Versatility Awards, placing in the Non Show Awards Division as well.
Topping off the day was the presentation of the High Point Trainer of the Year Award, given to Nola Haupert-Keill. This was definitely a team effort, and I'd like to say "Thank You!" to everyone here who put in long hours of hard work. Training a horse is much more than just getting on and riding it. Its stall has to be cleaned; it needs regular turnout, fresh water, feed, hay and so on. It has to have an owner/rider dedicated to coming and riding and learning. Everyone here at RO-NO had a part in this- so the recognition of this Award goes to all of you as well.
So, Thank You, Thank you, Thank You!! It has been a great year filled with many accomplishments and great times. I'm looking forward to doing it all again!
* Schooling Dressage Show for Fun here at RO-NO on November 30, 2008 from 10am to 5pm. Come one and all to Ro-No Ranch's Schooling Dressage Show for Fun. All breeds and tack are welcome. Introductory to First level tests will be provided. Freestyle will be at the end of the day. Placings to 6th. Schooling attire can be worn and you must wear a helmet if you are under 18 years of age. Come with the family for a fun day in the crisp fall weather and enjoy the scenery. $5.00 per class. Any questions contact Nola (570-937-4978) or Rachel (570-335-0395).
* Mason-Dixon PFHA 2008 gelding raffle. You can call, write (RO-NO Ranch 352 Hemlock Rd. Waymart, PA 18472) , or email RO-NO for more information or to participate. Please make checks out to Mason-Dixon PFHA.
* RO-NO had another good year at the PFHA Grand National Championship Show in Perry, GA. Nola took Calif de Color Sin Par and Ann Bastian's Performance Gelding. Both horses came home with ribbons!
*YouTube video of Calif de Color Sin Par. Jess Brosko jumping Calif at the Dessin Animal Shelter Benefit Horse Show.
* Additional YouTube links:
Olivia and Nick doing the teeter-totter and jumping barebackhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzOMK1LnyY
More Calif and Jess
* Hunter Keill was born on July 9, 2008 at 2:30 in the morning. He was 7 pounds 5 oz. and 19 1/4 inches long. He is pictured here with mom and his brother, Robbie. Mom and baby are doing well and mom is back to work with the horses!
* RO-NO Ranch riders gave their green horses a great outing at the LA Quarter Horse Farm NPHA horse show Sunday, July 7th. Rachel was impressed with our young medium pony Paris. She behaved impeccably and won a third place in her first hunter class. Maribelle MacAlpin's grand-daughter Jessica got the chance to show Roseanne Ashley's Thoroughbred Sam and made him look wonderful. Jenna Franklin showed her three year old Mercury who behaved perfectly all day. She also showed her mother's gelding Copy. This amazing Appaloosa is 20 years young. He jumped in the show ring for the first time in 10 years!!! Nicole Bartell was all smiles after showing Kanani in three classes and improving each time. Olivia Counterman continued her winning streak with Nick by winning Champion Beginner Hunter Rider. Finally we enjoyed watching our friend Helen Fisher win Reserve Champion Starting Hunter with her young mare Ce-Ce in her second show ever! She looked like a champion in the making. Well done everyone!
* Happy Birthday Robbie! Here he is riding his new mount, Valiente. Congratulations and best of luck.
Dr. Ann Bastian's Performance Gelding PJ is well on the road to recovery. He was recently diagnosed with severe ulcers and gastritis and we are slowly bringing him back into top form. He competed and placed well at this weekends show, and we look forward to having him and Calif compete again at this years Paso Fino Nationals in September. The rest of the RO-NO crew had a fabulous show. Allison Brosko, Rorie Peirson, Robbie Haupert-Keill and Jessica Brosko all competed in our Youth Classes and came home smiling!
One reason for the happy homecoming was the arrival of 'Gavin de Amadeus'. Gavin is a lovely bay and white Pinto Paso Fino colt. His dam Devon is owned by Rorie and Tracy Peirson and his sire is RO-NO's own Caballo's Top Gun. Gavin arrived early in the morning on June 16, so he shares a birthday with Robbie. Happy Birthday to both of you! We will post pics of Tracy and Rorie's new foal soon.
*On May 25, 2008 Rachel, Nola and several students attended a NPHA Spring Show at Lake Equestrian Center in Lake Ariel PA. We had a very successful and fun day, and the weather was beautiful. Rachel set the tone for the day by taking Reserve Champion on sale horse Irrepressible, (Sam) in Starting Hunter. Sam is owned by Rosanne Ashley.
Olivia Counterman took her lovely QH Nick into Model Hunter and came out with a second place, and then she followed that up by taking the Championship in the Walk/Jog Division. Also having a very successful run in the Walk/Jog division was Nicole Mazzotta on her young TB Kanani Lio. This was the 5 year old horse's first show and he handled it like a pro- as did Nicole. Good job to both of you!
* The crew at RO-NO Ranch started their spring Paso Fino Show Season off with a bang! Many thanks to the whole gang that participated in and helped out at the Mason Dixon May Day Show at the Diamond 7 in Dillsburg, PA.
Rorie Peirson and her dun gelding Gallo de Reina Sin Par entered and placed well in Country Pleasure, Pleasure Junior, Pleasure Geldings and A/O Pleasure Geldings. Gallo and Rorie are a great team and it shows! Jessica Brosko ( Granddaughter of Maribelle MacAlpin) showed RO-NO Ranch's Performance Stallion Caballo's Top Gun in A/O Performance Stallions and Performance Junior, handily taking home the blues. She also rode 3 year old Macadoo's Tatiana in A/O Schooling Fillies and Macadoo's Tornado in A/O Pleasure Geldings. Macadoo's Tornado was also shown in Pleasure Sub Junior by Alison Brosko. Alison brought home her first Blue Ribbon on Sunday, winning the Sub Junior Class. Congratulations all!!!
Dr. Ann Bastian's Performance Gelding PJ gave a fine performance this weekend, winning the Performance Championship in both the A/O and Open Divisions. New Paso Fino owner Rosanne Ashley's 5 year old mare Katarina was shown by Robbie Haupert-Keill in Pleasure Sub Junior on Saturday, where he proudly took the Blue for our client on this classy little mare.
Calif de Color Sin Par and Nola Haupert-Keill had a very successful weekend, taking home the Blues in Western Pleasure, Versatility and Trail. Look for Calif at the Mason Dixon Spectacular Show at the Virginia Horse Center in Lexington Virginia in June, where he will once again enter in these Specialty Classes.
* Mason Dixon Youth Program Planned for Mason Dixon Spectacular Show in Lexington Virginia. The Mason Dixon Paso Fino Youth Chair Nola Haupert-Keill has a program planned for our Youth members for the Mason Dixon Spectacular Show in Lexington Virginia. With help from some volunteers, Nola plans to have each Youth Class monitored on Friday with a goal of giving our Youth members some pointers for future classes. Those monitoring the classes will take notes on individual Youth riders. These notes will be discussed at a group Youth meeting on Friday evening following the last class of the day. Preceding this discussion will be a brief talk given by Dr. Ann Bastian concerning parasite control in our equines. After the meeting, we will have an hour of Fun & Games on Horseback! ( Youth members are asked to attend the meeting in order to participate in the game time.) ( There are 4 Show 1 Youth classes on Saturday. We will have these classes monitored, and any Youth participating in them is asked to contact Nola Haupert-Keill after Show 1 if they would like to see the notes taken about their classes.)
The volunteers who monitor classes will be provided with a notebook, pen and a list of the entries in the classes that are assigned to them. We will all be busy with our own horses at the show, but please consider donating some time for our Youth. The program run at the Mason Dixon May Day Show in Dillsburg PA was very successful, and we look forward to working with our Youth members at Lexington. Any Youth member wishing to participate and any volunteer able to monitor a Youth class are asked to contact Nola prior to the show.
Contact Nola Haupert-Keill on her cell at 570-937-4978 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* For anyone who has not gotten to see a Paso Fino at work, please feel free to stop and see us at the shows, or stop in to the Ranch. We love showing people our Pasos and will even invite you to try one out!
For more information, contact us today:
352 Hemlock Rd
Waymart, PA 18472